About Me

My photo
Antioch, California, United States
John is the under-shepherd of Agape International Church & Ministries Inc, Antioch, California and the President of Agape International Ministries Foundation, Inc (www.agapebfm.net) John has been a Preacher, Bible Teacher, Counselor and a mission-minded servant of God from 1984 till the present time. Married to Alice since 1987, he enjoys being a father to 2 sons and 1 daughter. He is available to preach, participate in evangelistic crusades and revivals, lead or participate in a Marriage Enrichment program internationally. John preaches on a weekly radio broadcast called "KNOW THE TRUTH" (Based on John 8:32)and the broadcast is aired every Sunday at Radio KDIA 1640AM. The broadcast is also accessible through the website of the radio station: www.kdia.com. You can follow him on twitter @agapebfm

Monday, September 6, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOTHER

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOTHER
(Prov 10:7 NIV)  “The memory of the righteous will be a blessing…”



I woke up this morning, thinking that everything will be business as usual. Since I set my phone calendar to remind me of the birthdays of my friends and families, I have been notified that today is the birthday of my mother. As I woke up, I felt like dialing Nigeria to wish mother a happy birthday. Then I recalled that it is impossible. It is the usual practice of my family at large, to call each other on our birthdays. On such a day like this, if my mother was here in the US with us or back in Nigeria on holiday, phones will be ringing from everyone at home and abroad, wishing her happy birthday. In the same vein, some delicacies could have been prepared and birthday cake should have been baked by Toyin if mother were in Nigeria or ordered from Costco or Safeway here in the US. And since today could have been her 73rd birthday, who knows, there could have been a party.

But as I woke up with this wishful thinking, a thought came to my mind that I cannot always have everything my own way. I must remember that mother already went home to be with the Lord on February 4, 2007. What I could do at the moment is make sure that her memories and her legacy remains indelible. But this is a verdict I am not wishing to accept as I wished that mother was still with us. But I have to accept the reality of life. I have to remember that her mission has been accomplished. She has done her best. She is already resting at the bosom of the Lord.

Today is my mother's birthday. The day brings back some sweet memories of the good old days. Mother, I will never forget you. You will be remembered as long as I live. You will always occupy a special place in our hearts. MOTHER ALICE MOSUNMOLA OJEWOLE, SUN RE O. Until we meet again on the resurrection morning. Adieu!




  1. When the trumpet of the Lord shall sound, and time shall be no more,
    And the morning breaks, eternal, bright and fair;
    When the saved of earth shall gather over on the other shore,
    And the roll is called up yonder, I’ll be there.
    • Refrain:
      When the roll is called up yonder,
      When the roll is called up yonder,
      When the roll is called up yonder,
      When the roll is called up yonder, I’ll be there.
  2. On that bright and cloudless morning when the dead in Christ shall rise,
    And the glory of His resurrection share;
    When His chosen ones shall gather to their home beyond the skies,
    And the roll is called up yonder, I’ll be there.
  3. Let us labor for the Master from the dawn till setting sun,
    Let us talk of all His wondrous love and care;
    Then when all of life is over, and our work on earth is done,
    And the roll is called up yonder, I’ll be there.