About Me

My photo
Antioch, California, United States
John is the under-shepherd of Agape International Church & Ministries Inc, Antioch, California and the President of Agape International Ministries Foundation, Inc (www.agapebfm.net) John has been a Preacher, Bible Teacher, Counselor and a mission-minded servant of God from 1984 till the present time. Married to Alice since 1987, he enjoys being a father to 2 sons and 1 daughter. He is available to preach, participate in evangelistic crusades and revivals, lead or participate in a Marriage Enrichment program internationally. John preaches on a weekly radio broadcast called "KNOW THE TRUTH" (Based on John 8:32)and the broadcast is aired every Sunday at Radio KDIA 1640AM. The broadcast is also accessible through the website of the radio station: www.kdia.com. You can follow him on twitter @agapebfm

Sunday, November 14, 2010

In Divine Presence

 Privileged Promptings: Hearing and Heeding the Voice of God

 In Divine Presence
 Memory Verse: (Psa 16:11 NIV) You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand. 

Scriptures: Isaiah 6:1-8
(Isa 6:1-8 NIV)  In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord seated on a throne, high and exalted, and the train of his robe filled the temple. {2} Above him were seraphs, each with six wings: With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they were flying. {3} And they were calling to one another: "Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory." {4} At the sound of their voices the doorposts and thresholds shook and the temple was filled with smoke. {5} "Woe to me!" I cried. "I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the LORD Almighty." {6} Then one of the seraphs flew to me with a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with tongs from the altar. {7} With it he touched my mouth and said, "See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for." {8} Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"

 

 

INTRODUCTION:

 

 (Psa 16:11 NIV) You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.


 (Psa 84:10 NIV) Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.


Shear-Jashub--“a remnant will return”

Maher-Shalal-hash-Baz-- “speedily the booty will be taken away.”


(Isa 6:1 NIV)  In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord seated on a throne, high and exalted, and the train of his robe filled the temple.



(2 Chr 26:6-15 NIV)  He went to war against the Philistines and broke down the walls of Gath, Jabneh and Ashdod. He then rebuilt towns near Ashdod and elsewhere among the Philistines. {7} God helped him against the Philistines and against the Arabs who lived in Gur Baal and against the Meunites. {8} The Ammonites brought tribute to Uzziah, and his fame spread as far as the border of Egypt, because he had become very powerful. {9} Uzziah built towers in Jerusalem at the Corner Gate, at the Valley Gate and at the angle of the wall, and he fortified them. {10} He also built towers in the desert and dug many cisterns, because he had much livestock in the foothills and in the plain. He had people working his fields and vineyards in the hills and in the fertile lands, for he loved the soil. {11} Uzziah had a well-trained army, ready to go out by divisions according to their numbers as mustered by Jeiel the secretary and Maaseiah the officer under the direction of Hananiah, one of the royal officials. {12} The total number of family leaders over the fighting men was 2,600. {13} Under their command was an army of 307,500 men trained for war, a powerful force to support the king against his enemies. {14} Uzziah provided shields, spears, helmets, coats of armor, bows and slingstones for the entire army. {15} In Jerusalem he made machines designed by skillful men for use on the towers and on the corner defenses to shoot arrows and hurl large stones. His fame spread far and wide, for he was greatly helped until he became powerful.

Cf.  1 Kings 15:1-7 and 2 Chronicles 27.


 (Psa 26:8 NIV) I love the house where you live, O LORD, the place where your glory dwells.

 

 

I Love To Be With You

by Nancy Gordon and Jamie Harvill


I love to be in Your presence Lord

I love to be with You

For when I touch Your glory

Your Spirit restores me

How I love to be with You

Lord I love to be with You





All my fears disappear

Whenever I'm with You

Every care becomes a prayer

That I can leave with You



I exchange all my pain

And You give me perfect peace

Your steadfast love is like a flood

That washes over me





For when I touch Your glory

Your Spirit restores me

Lord I love to be with You

Lord I love to be with You





© 1993 Integrity's Hosanna!/Integrity's Praise! Music



1. Convinced of God’s Sovereignty.

(Isa 6:1-4 NIV)  In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord seated on a throne, high and exalted, and the train of his robe filled the temple. {2} Above him were seraphs, each with six wings: With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they were flying. {3} And they were calling to one another: "Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory." {4} At the sound of their voices the doorposts and thresholds shook and the temple was filled with smoke.


(Exo 19:16 NIV)  On the morning of the third day there was thunder and lightning, with a thick cloud over the mountain, and a very loud trumpet blast. Everyone in the camp trembled.


(Num 23:19 NIV)  God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?


 (Hosea 11:9 NIV)  I will not carry out my fierce anger, nor will I turn and devastate Ephraim. For I am God, and not man-- the Holy One among you. I will not come in wrath.



Handel’s Hallelujah Chorus
The kingdom of this world
Is become the kingdom of our Lord,
And of His Christ, and of His Christ;
And He shall reign for ever and ever,
For ever and ever, forever and ever,

King of kings, and Lord of lords,
|: King of kings, and Lord of lords, :|
And Lord of lords,
And He shall reign,
And He shall reign forever and ever,
King of kings, forever and ever,
And Lord of lords,
Hallelujah! Hallelujah!



(Rev 11:15-19 NIV)  The seventh angel sounded his trumpet, and there were loud voices in heaven, which said: "The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ, and he will reign for ever and ever." {16} And the twenty-four elders, who were seated on their thrones before God, fell on their faces and worshiped God, {17} saying: "We give thanks to you, Lord God Almighty, the One who is and who was, because you have taken your great power and have begun to reign. {18} The nations were angry; and your wrath has come. The time has come for judging the dead, and for rewarding your servants the prophets and your saints and those who reverence your name, both small and great-- and for destroying those who destroy the earth." {19} Then God's temple in heaven was opened, and within his temple was seen the ark of his covenant. And there came flashes of lightning, rumblings, peals of thunder, an earthquake and a great hailstorm.




2. Consciousness of and Confession one’s Sins
(Isa 6:5 NIV)  "Woe to me!" I cried. "I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the LORD Almighty."


(John 1:18 NIV)  No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father's side, has made him known.


confession --homogelo.  (greek)

(Prov 28:13 NIV)  He who conceals his sins does not prosper, but whoever confesses and renounces them finds mercy.


3. Cleansed by God.
(Isa 6:6-7 NIV)  Then one of the seraphs flew to me with a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with tongs from the altar. {7} With it he touched my mouth and said, "See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for."


(1 John 1:8-9 NIV)  If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. {9} If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.


4. Called and Commissioned by God.
(Isa 6:8 NIV)  Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"




CONCLUSION:


(John 1:12 NIV)  Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God--