- Dr. John Ojewole
- Antioch, California, United States
- John is the under-shepherd of Agape International Church & Ministries Inc, Antioch, California and the President of Agape International Ministries Foundation, Inc (www.agapebfm.net) John has been a Preacher, Bible Teacher, Counselor and a mission-minded servant of God from 1984 till the present time. Married to Alice since 1987, he enjoys being a father to 2 sons and 1 daughter. He is available to preach, participate in evangelistic crusades and revivals, lead or participate in a Marriage Enrichment program internationally. John preaches on a weekly radio broadcast called "KNOW THE TRUTH" (Based on John 8:32)and the broadcast is aired every Sunday at Radio KDIA 1640AM. The broadcast is also accessible through the website of the radio station: www.kdia.com. You can follow him on twitter @agapebfm
Sunday, January 27, 2013
The Benefits of a Purposeful Ministry
What Are We Here For?
January 13, 2013
Memory Verse: Proverbs 29:18 (ESV) Where there is no prophetic vision the people cast off restraint, but blessed is he who keeps the law.
Text: 1 Corinthians 3:1-17
Proverbs 29:18; Isaiah 58:12
“The man without a purpose is like a ship without a rudder—a waif, a nothing, a no man.”—Thomas Carlyle.
First, we must realize that everything must have its origin in God. Job 12:10, Matthew 16:18; Colossians 1:16; 1 Corinthians 3:10–11; John 15:5
“A river that forgets its source dries.”
“Without God life makes no sense.”—Andrei Bitov
Second, we are a church that is purposeful and directional.
Third, Benefits of a Purposeful Ministry
1. A purposeful ministry is effective.
“There is nothing quite as potent as a focused life, one lived on purpose.” -- Rick Warren
(The Message) Friends, don’t get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I’ve got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus.
“By trying to be a jack of all trades a person becomes master of nothing.”
2. A Purposeful Ministry Attracts Supports of the Parishioners
3. A Purposeful Ministry Promotes Harmony
1 Corinthians 1:10; James 1:8
4. A purposeful Ministry is motivating
Proverbs 16:4; Revelation 4:11