About Me

My photo
Antioch, California, United States
John is the under-shepherd of Agape International Church & Ministries Inc, Antioch, California and the President of Agape International Ministries Foundation, Inc (www.agapebfm.net) John has been a Preacher, Bible Teacher, Counselor and a mission-minded servant of God from 1984 till the present time. Married to Alice since 1987, he enjoys being a father to 2 sons and 1 daughter. He is available to preach, participate in evangelistic crusades and revivals, lead or participate in a Marriage Enrichment program internationally. John preaches on a weekly radio broadcast called "KNOW THE TRUTH" (Based on John 8:32)and the broadcast is aired every Sunday at Radio KDIA 1640AM. The broadcast is also accessible through the website of the radio station: www.kdia.com. You can follow him on twitter @agapebfm

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Handling Life Crises

Handling Life Crises

Memory Verse: Job 23:10 (NKJV)
10    But He knows the way that I take;
When He has tested me, I shall come forth as gold.

 Text: Ruth 1:8-22
  


Introduction:


I.                   Three ways people handle Life Crises


1.      Naomi: Bitterness but Considerate. Ruth 1:8-15, 18-22

“Things are far more bitter for me than for you, because the Lord himself has raised his fist against me.”

Ephesians 4:31–32 (ESV) 31 Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. 32 Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.


Illustration: Jerry Gifford, the senior Pastor of First Baptist Church in Franklin Kentucky shared a story about Charlotte Elliot

Just as I am by Charlotte Elliot

Just as I am, without one plea,
But that Thy blood was shed for me,
And that Thou bidd'st me come to Thee,
O Lamb of God, I come! I come!

  

2.      Orpah: Withdrawal and Detachment Ruth 1:10, 14-15

 “If you cannot stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.”




3.      Ruth: Commitment and Attachment  Ruth 1:10, 14-19, 22

Three things about Ruth:

First, She is a woman of faith. Her clinging to her mother in law shows faith. Verse 14.

Second, She is a determined woman. Verse 16

Third, She is a loyal and committed woman. Verse 17


John 16:33 (ESV)
33 I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”




II.                What to do to manage Life Crises:

1.      Pray.

Psalm 18:6; 118:5



2.      Have faith in God.

Job 13:15; 2 Corinthians 1:20


“…The future is always as bright as the promises of God, for those who trust Him”.- David Jackman and Lloyd J. Ogilvie


3.      Recognize the Sovereignty of God.

Lamentations 3:37–38; 1 Samuel 2:6–7; Psalm 135:6



4.      Rely on the providential care of God.
Ruth 1:22; Psalm 34:10; Isaiah 58:11



CONCLUSION: Job 23:10