About Me

My photo
Antioch, California, United States
John is the under-shepherd of Agape International Church & Ministries Inc, Antioch, California and the President of Agape International Ministries Foundation, Inc (www.agapebfm.net) John has been a Preacher, Bible Teacher, Counselor and a mission-minded servant of God from 1984 till the present time. Married to Alice since 1987, he enjoys being a father to 2 sons and 1 daughter. He is available to preach, participate in evangelistic crusades and revivals, lead or participate in a Marriage Enrichment program internationally. John preaches on a weekly radio broadcast called "KNOW THE TRUTH" (Based on John 8:32)and the broadcast is aired every Sunday at Radio KDIA 1640AM. The broadcast is also accessible through the website of the radio station: www.kdia.com. You can follow him on twitter @agapebfm

Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011: MY YEAR OF FULFILMENT--sermon outline

2011: MY YEAR OF FULFILMENT

(Isa 42:8-9 NIV)  "I am the LORD; that is my name! I will not give my glory to another or my praise to idols. {9} See, the former things have taken place, and new things I declare; before they spring into being I announce them to you."


 Introduction:

What is the meaning of the word fulfillment?

According to Online Dictionary, Fulfillment is:
1. the act or state of fulfilling: to witness the fulfillment of a dream; to achieve fulfillment of one's hopes.
2.
the state or quality of being fulfilled; completion; realization.
3.
the process or business of handling and executing customer orders, as packing, shipping, or processing checks.


To fulfill on the other had is:
1.
to carry out, or bring to realization, as a prophecy or promise.
2.
to perform or do, as duty; obey or follow, as commands.
3.
to satisfy (requirements, obligations, etc.): a book that fulfills a long-felt need.
4.
to bring to an end; finish or complete, as a period of time: He felt that life was over when one had fulfilled his threescore years and ten.
5.
to develop the full potential of (usually used reflexively)


(Num 23:19 NIV)  God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?



(Isa 42:1-9 NIV)  "Here is my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen one in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit on him and he will bring justice to the nations. {2} He will not shout or cry out, or raise his voice in the streets. {3} A bruised reed he will not break, and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out. In faithfulness he will bring forth justice; {4} he will not falter or be discouraged till he establishes justice on earth. In his law the islands will put their hope." {5} This is what God the LORD says-- he who created the heavens and stretched them out, who spread out the earth and all that comes out of it, who gives breath to its people, and life to those who walk on it: {6} "I, the LORD, have called you in righteousness; I will take hold of your hand. I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people and a light for the Gentiles, {7} to open eyes that are blind, to free captives from prison and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness. {8} "I am the LORD; that is my name! I will not give my glory to another or my praise to idols. {9} See, the former things have taken place, and new things I declare; before they spring into being I announce them to you."




1. We must Realize that God Alone Should be glorified.
(Isa 42:7-8 NIV) to open eyes that are blind, to free captives from prison and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness. {8} "I am the LORD; that is my name! I will not give my glory to another or my praise to idols.


 (Exo 20:4-6 NIV)  "You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. {5} You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, {6} but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.


(Acts 14:11-17 NIV)  When the crowd saw what Paul had done, they shouted in the Lycaonian language, "The gods have come down to us in human form!" {12} Barnabas they called Zeus, and Paul they called Hermes because he was the chief speaker. {13} The priest of Zeus, whose temple was just outside the city, brought bulls and wreaths to the city gates because he and the crowd wanted to offer sacrifices to them. {14} But when the apostles Barnabas and Paul heard of this, they tore their clothes and rushed out into the crowd, shouting: {15} "Men, why are you doing this? We too are only men, human like you. We are bringing you good news, telling you to turn from these worthless things to the living God, who made heaven and earth and sea and everything in them. {16} In the past, he let all nations go their own way. {17} Yet he has not left himself without testimony: He has shown kindness by giving you rain from heaven and crops in their seasons; he provides you with plenty of food and fills your hearts with joy."



 (Luke 4:8 NIV)  Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.'"




2.   We must Recognize the Superiority of God


(Isa 42:9 NIV)  See, the former things have taken place, and new things I declare; before they spring into being I announce them to you."




 (Deu 18:22 NIV)  If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the LORD does not take place or come true, that is a message the LORD has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him.

(Isa 46:9-10 NIV)  Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me. {10} I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say: My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please.




3.   We Must Remember that God will Fulfill His Covenant

(Isa 42:9 NIV)  See, the former things have taken place, and new things I declare; before they spring into being I announce them to you."



(Gen 12:1-3 NIV)  The LORD had said to Abram, "Leave your country, your people and your father's household and go to the land I will show you. {2} "I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. {3} I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you."


Conclusion:
 (Isa 55:7 NIV) Let the wicked forsake his way and the evil man his thoughts. Let him turn to the LORD, and he will have mercy on him, and to our God, for he will freely pardon
.

 (John 15:14 NIV)  You are my friends if you do what I command.