- Dr. John Ojewole
- Antioch, California, United States
- John is the under-shepherd of Agape International Church & Ministries Inc, Antioch, California and the President of Agape International Ministries Foundation, Inc (www.agapebfm.net) John has been a Preacher, Bible Teacher, Counselor and a mission-minded servant of God from 1984 till the present time. Married to Alice since 1987, he enjoys being a father to 2 sons and 1 daughter. He is available to preach, participate in evangelistic crusades and revivals, lead or participate in a Marriage Enrichment program internationally. John preaches on a weekly radio broadcast called "KNOW THE TRUTH" (Based on John 8:32)and the broadcast is aired every Sunday at Radio KDIA 1640AM. The broadcast is also accessible through the website of the radio station: www.kdia.com. You can follow him on twitter @agapebfm
Saturday, August 20, 2011
Having an Attitude of Expectancy of a Bountiful Harvest-Excerpt only
Having an Attitude of Expectancy of a Bountiful Harvest
Message Delivered on August 20, 2011 at the 15th Year Anniversary Banquent of Alafia Baptist Church, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
1. Greetings from my wife, Alice; Our three children: Victor, Julius, Grace. Greetings from our church, Agape Bible Fellowship & Ministries of Antioch, California.
2. Appreciation to the church pastor and the first lady, for inviting me.
Back in 1790, William Carey was concerned about the church’s indifference to world evangelization.
In 1792, he published a pamphlet titled:
‘An Enquiry into the Obligations of Christians to Use Means for the Conversion of the Heathens.’
Popular quote from that writing:
"Expect Great Things from God; Attempt Great Things for God"
James 2:15–17 (NKJV)
15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
“We have only to keep in view, and have our hearts thoroughly engaged in the pursuit of it, and means will not be very difficult.”—William Carey
Hebrews 11:1 (GW)
Genesis 8:22 (NKJV)
22 “While the earth remains,
Seedtime and harvest,
Cold and heat,
Winter and summer,
And day and night
Shall not cease.”
Luke 6:38 (NKJV)
38 Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you.”
Numbers 23:19 (HCSB)
19 God is not a man who lies,
or a son of man who changes His mind.
Does He speak and not act,
or promise and not fulfill?
“Hallelujah – for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.” Revelation 19:6
Galatians 6:7 (NKJV)
7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.
2 Corinthians 9:6 (NKJV)
6 But this I say: He who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully.
1. The Model:
1 Chronicles 29:1–5 (NKJV)
David modeled to the people in at least two ways:
· First, he presented his own gifts.
· Second, he pledged to give more.
2. The Motivation.
1 Chronicles 29:5–9 (NKJV)
He motivated the people as follows:
· First, he said in verse one: the temple is not for man but for the Lord God.
· Second, David urged them that their participation means consecration unto the Lord. In verse 5 he says, Who then is willing to consecrate himself this day to the Lord?”
· Third, David reminds the people that their resources come from the Lord.
1 Chronicles 29:11–16 (NKJV)
Deuteronomy 8:17–18 (NKJV)
James 1:17 (NKJV)
17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.
· Fourth, David exemplified generous giving. He says in verse 2 With all my resources I have provided for the temple of my God..
3. The Method of their giving.
1 Chronicles 29:9 (NKJV)
9 Then the people rejoiced, for they had offered willingly, because with a loyal heart they had offered willingly to the Lord; and King David also rejoiced greatly.
Also, verses 6 and 14.
· First, they gave willingly.
Hebrew word nâdab, to impel; hence to volunteer (as a soldier), to present spontaneously:—offer freely, give, make, offer self willingly.
· Second, they gave freely.
· Third, they gave wholeheartedly.
2 “Tell the Israelites to bring me an offering. You are to receive the offering for me from everyone whose heart prompts them to give.
2 Corinthians 9:7 (NIV)
7 Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
Malachi 3:10–11 (NKJV)
“With every pair you purchase, TOMS will give a pair of new shoes to a child in need. One for one.”—TOM SHOES website.
Proverbs 11:24–25 (NKJV)
Proverbs 22:9 (NKJV)
9 He who has a generous eye will be blessed,
For he gives of his bread to the poor.
“Money flows to the right causes.”-- Wayne Pohl