- Dr. John Ojewole
- Antioch, California, United States
- John is the under-shepherd of Agape International Church & Ministries Inc, Antioch, California and the President of Agape International Ministries Foundation, Inc (www.agapebfm.net) John has been a Preacher, Bible Teacher, Counselor and a mission-minded servant of God from 1984 till the present time. Married to Alice since 1987, he enjoys being a father to 2 sons and 1 daughter. He is available to preach, participate in evangelistic crusades and revivals, lead or participate in a Marriage Enrichment program internationally. John preaches on a weekly radio broadcast called "KNOW THE TRUTH" (Based on John 8:32)and the broadcast is aired every Sunday at Radio KDIA 1640AM. The broadcast is also accessible through the website of the radio station: www.kdia.com. You can follow him on twitter @agapebfm
Sunday, March 25, 2012
Restored for a Reason
Easter Series: The Succor of our Savior
Restored for a Reason
Memory Verse: 2 Corinthians 5:17 (NKJV) 17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.
TEXT: Colossians 3:12–17
2 Corinthians 5:17; Ephesians 2:1–6, 8-9.
1. We enjoy a new Life as People Chosen by God
Colossians 3:12 (The Message) So, chosen by God for this new life of love, dress in the wardrobe God picked out for you: compassion, kindness, humility, quiet strength, discipline.
Cf. Eph. 1:4–5; 2 Thes. 2:13; Rom. 9:6–13; 1 Peter 1:2; John 3:16; 1 John 4:10; Eph. 5:25; Rom. 9:13.
2. We Must Have New Attitudes as People Transformed by Jesus Christ (vv. 12b-14)
Colossians 3:12–14 (NKJV) 12 Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering; 13 bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do. 14 But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection.
Cf. Colossians 3:8–9; Titus 3:4–5; Ephesians 4:32; Romans 15:7; 1 Corinthians 13:13;
“A man is a hero, not because he is braver than anyone else, but because he is brave for ten minutes longer.” —Emerson
3. We must let the peace of God rule our hearts because we have been called by God.
Colossians 3:15 (NKJV) 15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful.
Cf. 1 Peter 2:9
4. Since we have been set apart for God we must let the Word of God dictate our conducts
Colossians 3:16 (NKJV) 16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
Cf. Psalm 119:11, 105.
5. Because of our relationship with God, our Character and Conduct must be Christ-like
Colossians 3:17 (NKJV) 17 And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.
Cf. 2 Corinthians 5:15; 1 Corinthians 10:31; Acts 4:13
Illustration: Hymn: “Let others see Jesus in you” by B.B. McKinney