About Me

My photo
Antioch, California, United States
John is the under-shepherd of Agape International Church & Ministries Inc, Antioch, California and the President of Agape International Ministries Foundation, Inc (www.agapebfm.net) John has been a Preacher, Bible Teacher, Counselor and a mission-minded servant of God from 1984 till the present time. Married to Alice since 1987, he enjoys being a father to 2 sons and 1 daughter. He is available to preach, participate in evangelistic crusades and revivals, lead or participate in a Marriage Enrichment program internationally. John preaches on a weekly radio broadcast called "KNOW THE TRUTH" (Based on John 8:32)and the broadcast is aired every Sunday at Radio KDIA 1640AM. The broadcast is also accessible through the website of the radio station: www.kdia.com. You can follow him on twitter @agapebfm

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

“One-Minute Praising”


Thanksgiving Series
“One-Minute Praising”
Memory Verse: Psalm 103:2 (NIV) Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits

Text: Psalm 103:1–5 (NKJV)
1     Bless the Lord, O my soul;
      And all that is within me, bless His holy name!
2     Bless the Lord, O my soul,
      And forget not all His benefits:
3     Who forgives all your iniquities,
      Who heals all your diseases,
4     Who redeems your life from destruction,
      Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies,
5     Who satisfies your mouth with good things,
      So that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.


INTRODUCTION:

Psalm 22:3, 103:1–2

Ken Blanchard “recommends that leaders develop the practice of the “one-minute praising” in which they “catch them (their employees) doing something right.”… Blanchard’s idea is to “catch them doing something right” and then give them a one-minute praising right on the spot. Don’t wait, he says, because waiting takes away the impact. Tell them right then, right there, how much you appreciate the good job they are doing.”—Ray Pritchard

 “Man's chief end is to glorify God, and to enjoy him for ever.”-- Westminster Shorter Catechism


 “There is too much in the Psalm, for a thousand pens to write, it is one of those all-comprehending Scriptures which is a Bible in itself, and it might alone almost suffice for the hymn-book of the church.”—Charles Spurgeon


1.      Pardon

Psalm 103:3; Psalm 32:1; Psalm 51:2; Psalm 90:8; Psalm 103:12; Isaiah 1:18
“Pardoned sin is, in our experience, one of the choicest boons of grace, one of the earliest gifts of mercy,—in fact, the needful preparation for enjoying all that follows it. Till iniquity is forgiven, healing, redemption, and satisfaction are unknown blessings. Forgiveness is first in the order of our spiritual experience, and in some respects first in value. “—Charles Spurgeon

2.      Prevention
Psalm 103:3; Psalm 147:3; Isaiah 61:3

3.      Preservation:
Psalm 103:4; Psalm 139:16; Job 33:24; Job 33:28

4.      Position
Psalm 103:4

5.      Plentiful Provision
Psalm 103:5; Isaiah 40:31; Psalm 23:1

The eagle is “Symbolic of strength and speed.”

 “Here lies a man who was satisfied with Jesus.”-- Clovis Chappell  

I am satisfied by B.B. McKinney
1 I am satisfied with Jesus,
He has done so much for me:
He has suffered to redeem me,
He has died to set me free.

Chorus:
I am satisfied, I am satisfied,
I am satisfied with Jesus,
But the question comes to me,
As I think of Calvary,
Is my Master satisfied with me?

2 He is with me in my trials,
Best of
friends of all is He;
I can always count on Jesus,
Can He always count on me? [Chorus]

3 I can hear the voice of Jesus,
Calling out so pleadingly,
"Go and win the lost and straying";
Is He satisfied with me? [Chorus]

4 When my work on earth is ended,
And I cross the mystic sea,
Oh, that I could hear Him saying,
"I am satisfied with thee." [Chorus]

Conclusion:
Who is the greatest saint in the world? It is not he who prays most or fasts most. It is not he who gives most alms, or is most eminent for temperance, chastity or justice. But it is he who is always thankful to God, who receives everything as an instance of God’s goodness and has a heart ready to praise God for it.-- William Law


 “The greatest saint is the one who sees God in everything and everywhere, who understands that circumstances are the fingerprints of God, and seeing him in the best and worst that life has to offer, gives thanks always in all things.”-- Pastor Ray Pritchard