- Dr. John Ojewole
- Antioch, California, United States
- John is the under-shepherd of Agape International Church & Ministries Inc, Antioch, California and the President of Agape International Ministries Foundation, Inc (www.agapebfm.net) John has been a Preacher, Bible Teacher, Counselor and a mission-minded servant of God from 1984 till the present time. Married to Alice since 1987, he enjoys being a father to 2 sons and 1 daughter. He is available to preach, participate in evangelistic crusades and revivals, lead or participate in a Marriage Enrichment program internationally. John preaches on a weekly radio broadcast called "KNOW THE TRUTH" (Based on John 8:32)and the broadcast is aired every Sunday at Radio KDIA 1640AM. The broadcast is also accessible through the website of the radio station: www.kdia.com. You can follow him on twitter @agapebfm
Sunday, November 11, 2012
When the Going Gets Tough
Help for Hard Times
Memory Verse: Galatians 6:9 (NIV) Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
Illustration: The ancient Greek myth of Orpheus and Eurydice.
1. Resist the Temptation to Quit.
John 6:60, 66; Hebrews 6:4–5; Luke 9:62; Galatians 6:9;2 Timothy 4:7 (
“Tough times never last. But tough people do.”--Dr. Robert Schuler
2. Reinvigorate yourself through hope.
1 Corinthians 13:13; 2 Timothy 4:7-8; Romans 5:5
“No enterprise can ever be carried out without hope of success.” –William Carey as paraphrased by Dr. James Kenedy.
“Hope looks to the future and anchors itself in what God has promised to do.” --Dr. James Kennedy
3. Refuse to Live in the Past.
Philippians 3:13–14; Psalm 105:5
4. Recognize the profitability of Perseverance
Matthew 24:13; Philippians 1:6; Galatians 6:9; Matthew 25:21; Isaiah 40:31
“Without perseverance we shall not see the inside of paradise.”--Dr. James Kennedy