- Dr. John Ojewole
- Antioch, California, United States
- John is the under-shepherd of Agape International Church & Ministries Inc, Antioch, California and the President of Agape International Ministries Foundation, Inc (www.agapebfm.net) John has been a Preacher, Bible Teacher, Counselor and a mission-minded servant of God from 1984 till the present time. Married to Alice since 1987, he enjoys being a father to 2 sons and 1 daughter. He is available to preach, participate in evangelistic crusades and revivals, lead or participate in a Marriage Enrichment program internationally. John preaches on a weekly radio broadcast called "KNOW THE TRUTH" (Based on John 8:32)and the broadcast is aired every Sunday at Radio KDIA 1640AM. The broadcast is also accessible through the website of the radio station: www.kdia.com. You can follow him on twitter @agapebfm
Saturday, November 2, 2013
LEADERSHIP SEMINAR WITH DR. PHIL STEVENSON
WITH DR. PHIL STEVENSON
November 2, 2013 Oakland, California
"Leaders generally don't enter the ministry with expectation of giving themselves to program planning."--taken from Resilient Ministry by Bob Burns, Tasha Chapman, and Donald C. Guthrie.
A. WHAT IS VISION?
i. VISION IS A CLEAR AND COMPELLING PICTURE OF THE FUTURE.
ii. VISION IS MEASURABLE AND ACHIEVABLE
iii. VISION IS THAT WHICH MAY NOT BE CONTAINED BY THE VISIONARIES LIFETIME.
B. HOW DO YOU GET A VISION?
"GOD'S VISION FOR YOUR MINISTRY MUST GRIP YOUR SOUL BEFORE IT CAN GRAB THE HEART OF ANYONE ELSE."--JOHN JACKSON
KNOW THE KNOW THE MISSION. MATTHEW 28:19-20
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
KNOW THE THE HEART OF GOD TITUS 2:11. VISION IS BIRTHED OUT OF BURDEN. NEED DOES NOT CONSTITUTE BURDEN.
Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
Know where God has placed you.
Know what you have. Exodus 4:1-5
1 And Moses answered and said, But, behold, they will not believe me, nor hearken unto my voice: for they will say, The LORD hath not appeared unto thee.
(1) Open the passage selector. (2) Tap "Bibles" to choose a different Bible translation. (3) Open the "Bibles Manager" section. (4) Delete and re-download the Bible translation.
2 And the LORD said unto him, What is that in thine hand? And he said, A rod.
3 And he said, Cast it on the ground. And he cast it on the ground, and it became a serpent; and Moses fled from before it.
4 And the LORD said unto Moses, Put forth thine hand, and take it by the tail. And he put forth his hand, and caught it, and it became a rod in his hand:
5 That they may believe that the LORD God of their fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath appeared unto thee.
Acts 7:20-23. 20 In which time Moses was born, and was exceeding fair, and nourished up in his father’s house three months:
21 And when he was cast out, Pharaoh’s daughter took him up, and nourished him for her own son.
22 And Moses was learned in all the wisdom of the Egyptians, and was mighty in words and in deeds.
23 And when he was full forty years old, it came into his heart to visit his brethren the children of Israel.
A. God wants to know what we possess.
B. we must honestly identify it.
C. we have to release what we have to God.
D. RESPOND TO GOD'S INSTRUCTION.
E. He will transition what we have for his purpose.
5. Know vision fulfillment will not be easy.
C. How do we share a vision? Habakkuk 2:1-3
1 I will stand upon my watch, and set me upon the tower, and will watch to see what he will say unto me, and what I shall answer when I am reproved.2 And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it.
3 For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.
Make the vision easy to understand. One thing a leader must be is clear.
Communicate it to others.
Help people understand it is visionary.
the vision will be fulfilled slowly.
Never stop sharing it.
A. believe is enough to say it
B. We have to say it enough to believe it.
C. Consistent enough such that people get it. you have to recast the vision every 30 days.
How Leaders Move Others
leaders move others through compassion.
"People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care."--John Maxwell
2. leaders move others through competency.
3. leaders move others through communication. when people understand they move. communication is more than verbal. people tend to remember and connect with the story. you cannot be a good communicator unless you listen well and know what people are saying.
"You cant be a good communicator unless you listen well and really hear what people are saying." Pat Williams with Jim Denny.
4. leaders move through commitment. It is okay you want to quit as long as you are not going to quit. commitment shows that you are in for a long haul.
5. Leaders mo others through character. Leaders must have consistent character.
6. Leaders move others through crisis. Leaders must be consistent crisis creators. You cannot overplay your crisis. If everything is a crisis, nothing is a crisis.
7. Leaders move others through charisma. Genuine charisma is the true self of the leader. Such a person is authentic.
"Sometimes you need a little crisis to get your adrenaline flowing and help you realize your potential". http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/tag/crisis