- Dr. John Ojewole
- Antioch, California, United States
- John is the under-shepherd of Agape International Church & Ministries Inc, Antioch, California and the President of Agape International Ministries Foundation, Inc (www.agapebfm.net) John has been a Preacher, Bible Teacher, Counselor and a mission-minded servant of God from 1984 till the present time. Married to Alice since 1987, he enjoys being a father to 2 sons and 1 daughter. He is available to preach, participate in evangelistic crusades and revivals, lead or participate in a Marriage Enrichment program internationally. John preaches on a weekly radio broadcast called "KNOW THE TRUTH" (Based on John 8:32)and the broadcast is aired every Sunday at Radio KDIA 1640AM. The broadcast is also accessible through the website of the radio station: www.kdia.com. You can follow him on twitter @agapebfm
Sunday, May 18, 2014
How to Grasp the Reality of Heaven-Sermon 1
Heaven is for Real sermon series
How to Grasp the Reality of Heaven
Memory Verse: Hebrews 11:1 (NKJV) Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
TEXT: John 14:1-3
INTRODUCTION: John 14:1–3; Ecclesiastes 3:11
“Time is short. Eternity is long. It is only reasonable that this short life be lived in the light of eternity.”-- Charles Spurgeon
1. By Turning Our Attention to the Scripture.
John 17:17 Luke 4:25; 9:54; Mark 13:25; Heb.11:12; Matt. 5:34; 23:22; Rev.4:1; Luke 24:36-43
Greek word “ouranos” means heaven
2. By Observing the Testimonies of Witnesses.
Rev. 21:10-27; 22: 1-2, 5
“…Nobody’s old in heaven and nobody wears glasses”. He also describes heaven as being where “all the rainbow colors are”. Four years old Colton Burpo.
3. By Believing in What Jesus Said.
John 14:6; Hebrews 11:1,6
CONCLUSION: Revelation 21:4; John 10:10; Romans 8:22;1 Peter 5:10; John 14:1–3; Psalm 16:11; Jude 24; Ephesians 3:17-20
“Earth has no sorrow that heaven cannot heal.”—Thomas Moore