- Dr. John Ojewole
- Antioch, California, United States
- John is the under-shepherd of Agape International Church & Ministries Inc, Antioch, California and the President of Agape International Ministries Foundation, Inc (www.agapebfm.net) John has been a Preacher, Bible Teacher, Counselor and a mission-minded servant of God from 1984 till the present time. Married to Alice since 1987, he enjoys being a father to 2 sons and 1 daughter. He is available to preach, participate in evangelistic crusades and revivals, lead or participate in a Marriage Enrichment program internationally. John preaches on a weekly radio broadcast called "KNOW THE TRUTH" (Based on John 8:32)and the broadcast is aired every Sunday at Radio KDIA 1640AM. The broadcast is also accessible through the website of the radio station: www.kdia.com. You can follow him on twitter @agapebfm
Sunday, June 1, 2014
OUR GLORIOUS HOPE-Sermon 3
Heaven is for Real
OUR GLORIOUS HOPE-Sermon 3
Memory Verse: 1 John 3:2 (NKJV) 2 Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.
INTRODUCTION: Psalm 123: 1-2; Psalm 146:3
I. THREE REASONS WHY GOD IS OUR HOPE:
1. God is in control of ALL things!
(Ps. 90:2; Col. 1:17; 1 Tim. 6:16; Rev. 1:8; Gen. 1:1; John 1:3; Col. 1:16 Col. 1:17; Heb. 1:3; Ps. 139:4, 6; Is. 46:10; Jer. 32:27; Luke 1:37; Is. 14:24; Is. 46:10; Eph. 1:11; 1 Chron. 29:11-12; Dan. 4:34-35; Job 4:2; Rom. 8:28; Hebrews 11:1
2. God knows best.
Rom. 8:28; John 3:16; 14:2–3
3. God loves us.
Rom. 8:38-39; John 3:16; Psalm 139:7–10;
II. FIVE THINGS THAT HAPPEN WHEN WE PUT OUR HOPE IN GOD.
1. We acknowledge God as the source of our Success. Jam. 1:17; Hebrews 11:10; Matthew 6: 19-21
2. We must Emulate Jesus as our Example for Service Mark 10:45
“If Christ died to serve me, then I can surely give my life to serve my country.”-- Donovan Campbell
3. The Holy Spirit in us Changes our Perspective about Sin. 2 Cor. 5:10
4. Our Eternal Perspective on Suffering will change— Rom. 8:28
“The goodness of God is the survival truth for tough times. There is no other way to make sense out of suffering. God will not only see you through your anguish, He will undeniably use it for good. Though it may seem incomprehensible in the extremity of your agony, it is His way.” –Dr. Charles Stanley
5. Our eternal perspective will change about Sharing our faith—
“Our love for fellow Christians is the primary test of our love for God.”-- John MacArthur
“Ever since this happened, I think more about what it might really be like in heaven. I accepted the idea of heaven before, but now I visualize it. Before, I’d heard, but now I know that someday I’m going to see.”-- Pastor Todd Burpo’s mother
CONCLUSION: Lamentations 3:22–23;1 John 3:2