- Dr. John Ojewole
- Antioch, California, United States
- John is the under-shepherd of Agape International Church & Ministries Inc, Antioch, California and the President of Agape International Ministries Foundation, Inc (www.agapebfm.net) John has been a Preacher, Bible Teacher, Counselor and a mission-minded servant of God from 1984 till the present time. Married to Alice since 1987, he enjoys being a father to 2 sons and 1 daughter. He is available to preach, participate in evangelistic crusades and revivals, lead or participate in a Marriage Enrichment program internationally. John preaches on a weekly radio broadcast called "KNOW THE TRUTH" (Based on John 8:32)and the broadcast is aired every Sunday at Radio KDIA 1640AM. The broadcast is also accessible through the website of the radio station: www.kdia.com. You can follow him on twitter @agapebfm
Sunday, September 20, 2015
HOW TO RECEIVE FROM GOD
How to Receive FROM GOD
MEMORY VERSE: Psalm 84:11 (NET) — 11 For the Lord God is our sovereign protector. The Lord bestows favor and honor; he withholds no good thing from those who have integrity.
SCRIPTURE: James 1:16–18 (NIV) — 16 Don’t be deceived, my dear brothers and sisters. 17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. 18 He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created.
1. Realize that God is Reliable
James 1:16; Gen 3:13;1 Peter 5:8; John 14:6; John 8:32, 44; 2 Cor 11:13–15; Jer 10:10; Num 23:19; Psalm 33:4; 2 Tim 2:13; Romans 8:28
2. Recognize God as the Source of all Good Things
James 1:17, 4; Mark 10:18; Psalm 119:68;73:1; 1 Tim 4:4; Gen 1:31; Psalm 86:5; 100:5; 2 Samuel 7:28; Psalm 34:8; Nahum 1:7; Psalm 27:13; Philip1:6; Psalm 135:3; Mal 3:6; Heb 13:8;13:5; Prov 18:24; 1 Thess 5:24
“God doesn't owe us anything-yet in His grace, He still gives us good things.”-- Billy Graham
3. Remember that God’s Offer is always the best
James 1:17–18; Rom 5:8; John 1:13; 8:32;14:6; Col 1:24–27; Lev 27:30–33.