- Dr. John Ojewole
- Antioch, California, United States
- John is the under-shepherd of Agape International Church & Ministries Inc, Antioch, California and the President of Agape International Ministries Foundation, Inc (www.agapebfm.net) John has been a Preacher, Bible Teacher, Counselor and a mission-minded servant of God from 1984 till the present time. Married to Alice since 1987, he enjoys being a father to 2 sons and 1 daughter. He is available to preach, participate in evangelistic crusades and revivals, lead or participate in a Marriage Enrichment program internationally. John preaches on a weekly radio broadcast called "KNOW THE TRUTH" (Based on John 8:32)and the broadcast is aired every Sunday at Radio KDIA 1640AM. The broadcast is also accessible through the website of the radio station: www.kdia.com. You can follow him on twitter @agapebfm
Saturday, June 11, 2016
Overcoming Obstacles to Advancement
Memory Verse: Hebrews 12:1b …Let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.
Scripture Reading: 2 Kings 7
Introduction: Hebrews 12:1b
1. Replace Unbelief with Faith. 1-2, 17-20.
2 Kings 7:1–2; 2 Kings 7:17–20; Deuteronomy 32:36; Psalm 145:18; Matthew 24:35; Hebrews 3:17–19; Hebrews 11:6
2. Change Inactivity to Positive Exploration. 3-4.
2 Kings 7:3–4; Numbers 5:2–3; Leviticus 13:46
3. Eschew Selfishness, but Embrace Generosity. 8-9.
2 Kings 7:8–9; Psalm 34:8
Evangelism “a beggar telling another beggar about where to get bread.”
4. Change from Doubting to confidence 12
2 Kings 7:12; Psalm 119:113; James 1:5–7;2 Kings 7:13–16
Conclusion: Hebrews 12:1b; John 3:16; Romans 3:23; Romans 5:8; John 1:12; Revelation 3:20