- Dr. John Ojewole
- Antioch, California, United States
- John is the under-shepherd of Agape International Church & Ministries Inc, Antioch, California and the President of Agape International Ministries Foundation, Inc (www.agapebfm.net) John has been a Preacher, Bible Teacher, Counselor and a mission-minded servant of God from 1984 till the present time. Married to Alice since 1987, he enjoys being a father to 2 sons and 1 daughter. He is available to preach, participate in evangelistic crusades and revivals, lead or participate in a Marriage Enrichment program internationally. John preaches on a weekly radio broadcast called "KNOW THE TRUTH" (Based on John 8:32)and the broadcast is aired every Sunday at Radio KDIA 1640AM. The broadcast is also accessible through the website of the radio station: www.kdia.com. You can follow him on twitter @agapebfm
Monday, September 12, 2011
How to be Confident of the Future Now-Outline
FAITH: THE HEARTBEAT OF AUTHENTIC CHRISTIAN LIVING
How to be Confident of the Future Now
(Heb 11:1 NIV) Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
20 By faith Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau concerning things to come.
21 By faith Jacob, when he was dying, blessed each of the sons of Joseph, and worshiped, leaning on the top of his staff.
22 By faith Joseph, when he was dying, made mention of the departure of the children of
, and gave instructions concerning his bones. Israel
Psalm 31:15 (NLT)
15 My future is in your hands.
Rescue me from those who hunt me down relentlessly.
“For our cause is in the very hands of him who can say: 'No one shall pluck it out of my hands.' I would not have it in our hands, and it would not be desirable that it were so. I have had many things in my hands, and I have lost them all; but whatever I have been able to place in God's, I still possess."—Martin Luther
“ALL IN HIS HAND. Oh! yes, beloved reader, thank God that your times, your interests, your salvation, are all out of your hands, and out of the hands of all creatures, supremely and safely in his.”—Octavius Winslow
9 We can make our plans,
but the Lord determines our steps.
33 We may throw the dice,*
but the Lord determines how they fall.
1. By expressing our faith within the framework of Divine sovereignty.
Isaac #1 (i’-za-ak) = Laughing; laughter; he laughs; laughing one; (root = to laugh; to sport). EDBN
2. By looking beyond the moment and anticipates the best for the coming morrow now.
Jacob (ja’-cub) = He will supplant; he that supplants; he that follows after; a heeler; one who trips up; takes hold by the land; supplanter; a detainer.--EDBN
3. By demonstrating our awareness of the sovereignty of God through worship.
4. By having a Confident regard for God’s purposes for your life.
Joseph (jo’-zef) = May God add; he shall add; increasing; (root = to add). EDBN
24 Joseph said to his brothers, “I am about to die, but God will certainly come to your aid and bring you up from this land to the land He promised Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.” 25 So Joseph made the sons of
take an oath: “When God comes to your aid, you are to carry my bones up from here.” Israel