About Me

My photo
Antioch, California, United States
John is the under-shepherd of Agape International Church & Ministries Inc, Antioch, California and the President of Agape International Ministries Foundation, Inc (www.agapebfm.net) John has been a Preacher, Bible Teacher, Counselor and a mission-minded servant of God from 1984 till the present time. Married to Alice since 1987, he enjoys being a father to 2 sons and 1 daughter. He is available to preach, participate in evangelistic crusades and revivals, lead or participate in a Marriage Enrichment program internationally. John preaches on a weekly radio broadcast called "KNOW THE TRUTH" (Based on John 8:32)and the broadcast is aired every Sunday at Radio KDIA 1640AM. The broadcast is also accessible through the website of the radio station: www.kdia.com. You can follow him on twitter @agapebfm

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

God, You are Marvelous


God, You are Marvelous
Psalm 86:10 (NIV) For you are great and do marvelous deeds; you alone are God.

This is the fourth night of this revival at Ife Oluwa Baptist Church, Kaduna. And so far, it has been amazing and remarkable, to the glory of God. God has proven His faithfulness over and over again. The Bible says, 2 Timothy 2:13 (LEB) 13 if we are unfaithful, he remains faithful—he cannot deny himself.

The attendance today, according to the secretary of Ife Oluwa Baptist Church, is 450 people. And we have varied decisions, following the preaching of the word of God, ranging from the decision to follow Jesus, rededication, baptism, and prayer. The topic of the message for today is: LAUGHING AT THE IMPOSSIBLE. The message is taken from Mark 11:12-14, 20-24. The main points of the message are: The Advisement of Jesus, The Analogy of Jesus, and The Assurance of Jesus. The entire service is uplifting. And most importantly, the congregants love the Word of God and Prayer. I believe very strongly that many miracles are taking place through this meeting. To God alone is the glory for ever and ever.

It is very important to reflect on another event that took place earlier today. I met 13 local pastors here today. In that meeting, I was asked to talk on Internet Ministry. The topic that I presented is Internet Ministry 101. The session was productive. I am sure that what we discussed will be helpful to those pastors. The challenges that most of them face include the cost of internet service and inconsistent power supply. Another concern is that only a handful of their church members use email as a medium of communication presently. The hope is that things will get better in the months ahead as most of the phone companies in Nigeria make Smartphone accessible, available and cheaper for an average Nigerian consumer. That is already happening right now. As this new technological improvement unfolds, Nigeria will benefit immensely when everyone starts to make use of the internet most of the time. With a few ideas that were discussed today, I am sure that those pastors will be well ahead of the game when the paradigm of internet usage shifts.

At the end of this session, 20 complimentary copies of Pastor Ray Pritchard’s book: An Anchor for the Soul was given to the pastors. The fellowship with these pastors was enriching. It was a time well spent. To God be the glory.

I look forward to the grand finale of the revival coming up tomorrow night. Please pray for me that God will use me mightily to leave a lasting spiritual impression on the minds of these congregants. When I am done with the revival in Kaduna, I will take a day off to rest my voice and relax in preparation for another full week of revival in Ibadan next week. I cannot do any of these by myself. But with God on my side, it will be done. Until tomorrow when I will give another update, stay well, my friends. I am praying for you as you pray for me.

John
Kaduna,
Northern Nigeria
October 12, 2011