About Me

My photo
Antioch, California, United States
John is the under-shepherd of Agape International Church & Ministries Inc, Antioch, California and the President of Agape International Ministries Foundation, Inc (www.agapebfm.net) John has been a Preacher, Bible Teacher, Counselor and a mission-minded servant of God from 1984 till the present time. Married to Alice since 1987, he enjoys being a father to 2 sons and 1 daughter. He is available to preach, participate in evangelistic crusades and revivals, lead or participate in a Marriage Enrichment program internationally. John preaches on a weekly radio broadcast called "KNOW THE TRUTH" (Based on John 8:32)and the broadcast is aired every Sunday at Radio KDIA 1640AM. The broadcast is also accessible through the website of the radio station: www.kdia.com. You can follow him on twitter @agapebfm

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Thank God for His Abiding Presence

Thank God for His Abiding Presence

Lamentations 3:22-24 The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases, his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is thy faithfulness. "The LORD is my portion," says my soul, "therefore I will hope in him."

The first day of a week long revival at Ife Oluwa Baptist Church, Kaduna, Nigeria ended with a lot of testimonies to the glory of God. God gave me opportunities to preach twice today to this congregation of about 330 worshippers. The worship experience was excellent. It reminded me of how we used to worship many years ago when my father was a pastor.



This Sunday morning, I preached on the topic: When God’s Unseen Hands are Working Behind the Scenes of your life. The message was taken from Genesis 41:1-57. In that message, God used me to remind the congregants of how God works behind the scenes in our lives. The message was concluded with the thought provoking comment of Joseph to his brethren, later in life. The verse says: Genesis 50:20 You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives.



We have the second revival meeting this evening and it was packed to capacity. The message for this evening was taken from 1 Samuel 30:1-20. The topic of the message is: Without Fail, Recover All. Many decisions were made for Christ and many came out for various prayer needs at the end of the message. This is all to the glory of God. I will be sharing some of the pictures taken from this revival meeting later.



It is about 11:49pm here in Nigeria. I am getting sleeping and I need to go to bed. I will update everyone through this blog again tomorrow. God has been faithful. His name is to be praised. Thanks for your prayers.