About Me

My photo
Antioch, California, United States
John is the under-shepherd of Agape International Church & Ministries Inc, Antioch, California and the President of Agape International Ministries Foundation, Inc (www.agapebfm.net) John has been a Preacher, Bible Teacher, Counselor and a mission-minded servant of God from 1984 till the present time. Married to Alice since 1987, he enjoys being a father to 2 sons and 1 daughter. He is available to preach, participate in evangelistic crusades and revivals, lead or participate in a Marriage Enrichment program internationally. John preaches on a weekly radio broadcast called "KNOW THE TRUTH" (Based on John 8:32)and the broadcast is aired every Sunday at Radio KDIA 1640AM. The broadcast is also accessible through the website of the radio station: www.kdia.com. You can follow him on twitter @agapebfm

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Ibadan Chronicles2

Ibadan Chronicles2
Got no checkbooks, got no banks. Still I'd like to express my thanks - I got the sun in the morning and the moon at night. --Irving Berlin

(Psa 118:21 NIV)  I will give you thanks, for you answered me; you have become my salvation.

The revival event of today at Idikan First Baptist Church, Ibadan, is already behind us. We give God the praise for what he is doing among his people. Tonight, I spoke on the topic: Having an Expectancy of a Bountiful Harvest. I used three Bible Passages: 1 Chronicles 29:1-20; Malachi 3:6-12; James 2:14-17. The main points are: We must help those in Need
(James 2:14-17); We must give according to the biblical model (1Chronicles 29:1-20); We must adopt God’s plan for prospering us (Malachi 3:6-12).
As stated earlier in the week, this revival service is unique in that the entire focus is on stewardship.

The service was well attended. The worship is uplifting and the atmosphere is inspiring. God honored his word again today by delaying the rain till after the service.

One of our friends showed up to support me at the service tonight. He is Mr. Tunde Olaniyan (a friend of the Thomas’ family from our church). Also, yesterday, an old friend of mine from my St. Andrews College Days, Mr. Adesola Benson, attended the revival service. This is encouraging. The overall attendance at this revival service is beyond my imagination and expectation. I give God the glory for everything.

We are looking to the Grand finale of the revival tomorrow evening. Please pray that God moves in the lives of the people as I minister so that a lasting spiritual impact will be left on the people. During tomorrow’s meeting, I plan on giving away Pastor Ray Pritchard’s Anchor for the Soul books to those who gave their lives to Jesus during the entire revival service.


Earlier today, Rev. Dr. Steve Ogunbode of the church here, took me to a historical house on the same street where the church is located. The house belonged to a one time business tycoon in Ibadan area. The place is called Adebisi mansion. The house was built sometimes around 1924. It was amazing how the architectural design used at that time is still appealing today. The house is very big, having several rooms. It is a great adventure for me. 

Till the next update. Shalom.

John Ojewole
Ibadan, Nigeria