About Me

My photo
Antioch, California, United States
John is the under-shepherd of Agape International Church & Ministries Inc, Antioch, California and the President of Agape International Ministries Foundation, Inc (www.agapebfm.net) John has been a Preacher, Bible Teacher, Counselor and a mission-minded servant of God from 1984 till the present time. Married to Alice since 1987, he enjoys being a father to 2 sons and 1 daughter. He is available to preach, participate in evangelistic crusades and revivals, lead or participate in a Marriage Enrichment program internationally. John preaches on a weekly radio broadcast called "KNOW THE TRUTH" (Based on John 8:32)and the broadcast is aired every Sunday at Radio KDIA 1640AM. The broadcast is also accessible through the website of the radio station: www.kdia.com. You can follow him on twitter @agapebfm

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Ibadan Chronicles


Ibadan Chronicles
"Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."    (1 Th 5:18 NIV)

The revival ministration at Ibadan is going well as planned. Early yesterday morning (October 17, 2011) I was asked by the pastor of First Baptist Church, Idikan, Ibadan to share words of encouragements with the people at an early Monday morning prayer service called “Owuro Ologo” meaning “Glorious Morning”. I shared briefly with the people from 2 Chronicles 7:14. It was a power-packed prayer meeting. One thing I have noticed so far is that Nigerian Christians are committed to prayer, the word of God and worship. The service was so wonderful. I think about 500 people attended that meeting.

Yesterday night (October 17, 2011) I ministered from Matthew 25:18-31 on the topic: How to Invest My Life in God’s Kingdom. The main goal of the message is to encourage the congregants to use their talents for God’s glory.  I also made it clear that there is no talentless person. The service was well attended as the entire sanctuary was fully packed. I am assuming that there might be about 3000 people in worship last night.

Tonight (October 18, 2011), the ministration is spirit-filled, inspiring and uplifting. I shared with the congregants from 1 Chronicles 4:9-10, about Jabez’ prayer. The title of the Message is “Enough is Enough”. At the end of the message many people responded to the invitation to commitment ranging from salvation, prayer, rededication, and commitment to ministry. The pastor of the church shared with me that there were two testimonies about divine breakthrough. To God alone is the glory for ever and ever.

Before I conclude, I need to bring out a remarkable incident that happened Sunday evening. During the ministration, one young man came into the church from out of nowhere. The pastor felt prompted spiritually to call on the person. The person came out and we prayed for him. I think the individual was troubled before coming to the revival. We prayed for him. I believe that he has been delivered. I ask the saints to please continue to pray for this man for total restoration.

Another thing that is worthy of note is the way that God has continually honored this revival by preventing the rain from keeping people from attending the services. So far, the rain stops before the revival meeting starts and continues again after the revival services. That was the case both today and yesterday night. God is faithful. He is worthy of our praise.

I am really grateful to the Lord for his manifestations throughout this revival. I believe God for bigger things in the remaining two days of the revival ministrations here. It is well.

I will provide you with pictures and videotapes when I return to the US. I have limited internet access on my mobile phone here.

Until the next update. Shalom.

John
Ibadan, Nigeria