About Me

My photo
Antioch, California, United States
John is the under-shepherd of Agape International Church & Ministries Inc, Antioch, California and the President of Agape International Ministries Foundation, Inc (www.agapebfm.net) John has been a Preacher, Bible Teacher, Counselor and a mission-minded servant of God from 1984 till the present time. Married to Alice since 1987, he enjoys being a father to 2 sons and 1 daughter. He is available to preach, participate in evangelistic crusades and revivals, lead or participate in a Marriage Enrichment program internationally. John preaches on a weekly radio broadcast called "KNOW THE TRUTH" (Based on John 8:32)and the broadcast is aired every Sunday at Radio KDIA 1640AM. The broadcast is also accessible through the website of the radio station: www.kdia.com. You can follow him on twitter @agapebfm

Saturday, October 8, 2011

An All-Sufficient God


We serve an all-sufficient and faithful God. The God who is always faithful to His promises. He has promised to never leave nor forsake us. That is the kind of God we serve. I want to thank God, El Shaddai, for traveling mercies. Despite all the travails, trials, last minute hindrances, God's name must be praised for answering the prayers of the saints. To God be the glory.

Many things happened to me during the planning and the finalizing of this trip to Nigeria which has never happened to me before. But through it all, my trials have become a testimony.  I am grateful to God. His name alone is to be glorified.

I was scheduled to leave the US for Nigeria on October 7. But that did not happen as planned. But the devil is a liar and a loser. He has always failed and he also failed this time. I had to travel the following day. God gave me favor throughout the journey. I had two stopovers on the way. One in Detroit, Michigan and the other at Frankfurt, Germany. 

Finally my plane touched the ground at Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport in Abuja, all to the glory of God. I was welcomed by Rev. O.T. Olagoke and two of his church members who came out to welcome me. They have been waiting for an hour before my arrival at the airport. 

What happened as we entered the vehicle heading for Kaduna is another testimony that is reserved for another time. The journey from Abuja to Kaduna took us about 2 hours. But it was very smooth. I give God the glory.

I really thank the Lord for the love of the brethren here. 

Please pray for me as I start a week-long revival at Ife Oluwa Baptist Church, Kaduna, tomorrow morning. Please pray for me during the following times when I will be preaching. By 1am Sunday morning, California time and by 9am everyday Sunday through Thursday. Nigeria is 9 hours ahead of the California time at this time. 

Please pray that God will give me the right words to say as I minister to these wonderful children of God. Ephesians 6:18–19 (HCSB) 18 Pray at all times in the Spirit with every prayer and request, and stay alert in this with all perseverance and intercession for all the saints. 19 Pray also for me, that the message may be given to me when I open my mouth to make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel.